Sunday, August 17, 2014

lots of learning

It has been a little while...and I am trying to absorb all that I can with this whole photography thing.  It's amazing how much there is to learn.  Right now, I am struggling to understand Photoshop.  I have spent hours working on it, only to give up, frustrated and move back into Lightroom.  Lightroom is a bit easier.

In the past few months, I have done some big things.  I've been a second shooter at a wedding and I have done some little photo shoots with a few of my neighbors and one newborn baby shoot.  Right now, I am not charging anyone since I am learning, so I think that's why there's so many people wanting me to take their pictures!  I can't post any wedding photos yet, since the work there is far from done.  But it was such an honor to work with a professional and learn so much.  He is even teaching me how to edit, how to shoot commercial properties and how to generally be better at this whole gig.

My girls were ever so patient with me to do a back to school mini-shoot...which drummed up some more shoots.  I actually had all the props already.  I bought the desk years ago at Goodwill, repainted it and was using it for homework for the girls for a short time.  Then it ended up in the attic.  I am so glad that I didn't send it back to Goodwill like I had planned!





























No comments:

Post a Comment